The building, which is now a listed monument, was built in the 13th century (1st half), the church construction is documented for 1230. It was dedicated to St. Anne. Romanesque forms characterize today's northern aisle with the tower of the same width. The church tower has three bells from the 14th century (1450-1718).
The nave was also added but later in the 13th century in the early Gothic style with the present choir, this forms a semicircle with 5 sides. Under the choir there was a crypt. Here the counts of Wittgenstein were buried until about 1650. In 1838 this crypt was walled up.
In 1667 a princely crypt with a church school above it was added. This crypt served for the burials of the count's family until 1815.
In 1948 the coffins from this crypt were transferred to the castle cemetery.
The south side of the plastered rubble stone building was probably subsequently provided with massive supporting pillars and secured.
Cast iron coat of arms plate
Stuccowork on the ceiling
Communion table from the 17th century
River stone pavement in herringbone pattern
Church services are still held almost every Sunday in the town church.