Lennestadt - Oedingen

The village of Oedingen is a district of the town of Lennestadt. With its approximately 1100 inhabitants, it is one of the medium-sized towns in the region. In the year 1000, Oedingen was mentioned for the first time in a document issued by Emperor Otto III.

The economic environment of Oedingen was dominated by agriculture until the middle of the 19th century. A change began with the improvement of the traffic routes. The completion of the Minden - Koblenz - Heeresstraße (today Bundesstraße 55) running through Oedingen in 1825 and the opening of the Ruhr-Sieg line in 1861 with a railroad station in Grevenbrück are particularly worth mentioning.