Schloss Hovestadt mit Barockgarten was first mentioned in a document in 1292 and is recognized as an outstanding monument. The park is a valuable testimony of a late French garden from the middle of the 18th century. The gardens in the form, after the completion of reconstruction works in 1997, were probably laid out in the period between 1740-60. The castle park is open to the public. Lippetal guides offer guided tours of the baroque gardens.