Rüthen - Hemmern

At "Hethemere" were the estates acquired by the nobleman Herbold von Hedinghausen in 1146 through his wife from the Archbishop of Cologne. Hemmern has always belonged to the ancestral parish of Altenrüthen and built the St. Anna Chapel in 1709. The coat of arms of the village, which is about 20 years old, is a reminder of the noble family of the von Hemmern family, which settled and prospered there in the Middle Ages and belonged to the Rüthen burghers. The family was also called Karge, but died out in the 15th century.

In the area of the village also belongs the southwest located

"Spitze Warte". This was originally the name for one of the 3 watchtowers on the eastern border of the medieval field of the town of Rüthen.

In 1856 a windmill was erected about 150 meters northeast of the original Warte, whose stone mill tower later received this name.