Welver - Kirchwelver

The name "Kirchwelver" actually came into being only in the 19th century. When in 1850 the railroad line Hamm-Soest and 26 years later the line Dortmund-Soest were put into operation, the political community of the Kirchdorf was now called "Kirchwelver". The village is surrounded by the largest contiguous forest area of the Soest Börde. Welver can look back on 835 years of history and shows, especially in the Kirchwelver district, how vividly history can be conveyed: The Heimathaus in the former bakehouse of the Cistercian convent presents one of the largest local history collections in the region with several thousand exhibits. Kirchwelver is a listed area and with its historic buildings, paths and forts is considered particularly worthy of protection. The landmark is undoubtedly the churches standing directly next to each other next to the monastery building.