Soest - Enkesen im Bruch

Most of the village, which was first mentioned in 1282, belonged to the property of the nearby Paradiese monastery. The addition "im Bruch" indicates some marshy places in the settlement area. The number of farmsteads seems to have remained almost unchanged over the centuries. Enkesen, together with the Soest Börde, has been destroyed several times in wars and then rebuilt. Today the village has 60 families/houses and about 230 inhabitants.