Schmallenberg - Fleckenberg

Fleckenberg 1283 until today

Fleckenberg is mentioned for the first time in a document of the Grafschaft monastery from 1283. Until 1900 and 1920 respectively, Oberfleckenberg belonged politically and ecclesiastically to Grafschaft and Niederfleckenberg to Wormbach. In 1920, the two villages were politically merged to form the municipality of Fleckenberg, which also included Jagdhaus and Wulwesort. In the course of the municipal reorganization in North Rhine-Westphalia, Fleckenberg became a district of the town of Schmallenberg in 1975.

The parish church of St. Antonius, a three-nave neo-Romanesque pilaster church with 2-meter-deep pilasters, which was built between 1905 and 1907 by the Paderborn master builder Franz Mündelein, is also worth seeing.

The small chapel of St. Agatha and St. Gertrud in Oberfleckenberg was built as early as 1665 and is the oldest building in the village still largely preserved in its original state.